Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finally Getting Somewhere!

We have had Miss Sophie for 10 days now! The first week I was getting driven insane by puppy accidents! Didn't seem to matter what I was doing she refused to do her business outside or even on paper inside!

Over the past 4 days I have been treating her every time she goes outside. I have discovered I need to leave the door between the lounge and entrance open as she wasn't going to the door at all as she didn't associate it with going outside. Finally after two days of having it open she is starting to whinge a little at the door. I think there has been 2 accidents inside today and they have only been wees! YAY!!

She has also started sleeping in the laundry until she can learn to hold on all night. She was just going wherever she felt the need on the floor in our room and we were over being very cautious if getting up in pitch black during the night and standing in something haha!

I am finally able to enjoy having a puppy! She has been a bit naughty with chewing the home phone cord but since giving her a plastic bottle she hasn't been chewing anything else! So finger's crossed I will soon have a toilet trained puppy who will no longer be driving me insane lol! Hoping it doesn't take until she is 6 months old for everything to click coz dam that's still 4 months away!

All these problems aren't the dogs fault at all, I thought it was until D and I started talking. She was kept in a wood box in a shed when we got her (it was snowing when we got her and they were still out there). I really feel for her. Going from somewhere that hasn't tried to train her at all to somewhere with rules! Quite lucky she hasn't destroyed more of the house really considering the background lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment